Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kauai

Drew and I have had a goal to hike Napali coast in Kauai since we got married. We said that we would not have children until this goal was accomplished. I am excited to say that WE DID IT! Over my spring break we climbed and conquered. The trip all together was 22 miles. 11 there and 11 back. We did the trip in just two days for a few reasons...1 being that our destination was not the secluded, romantic beach we thought it would be.

When arriving at our beautiful destination(which it was beautiful) we noticed camp sites set up everywhere in the trees, these were not your normal camp sites... these were long term campers...HIPPIES is what I call them. I think its safe to assume that they lived off of fruit trees and drugs with an occasional drink from the natural waterfall nearby.

soooo...Where would we set up camp???? well on the beach with the other tourists of course. Only the locals lived in the trees.

As we scarfed down oreos, pop tarts and rested on a rock on the beach, a naked man walked out with his book in hand (you know just a typical day for him) ready to read in the daylight. WHAT??? I was so shocked. what is he doing? where are his clothes??? Then a little later another guy came out naked to bathe in the ocean..huh?

BUT THEN...

NAKED GIRLS!! I thought it couldn't get worse than a naked man but a naked girl was way worse..I mean hello??? My husband is right there! what was she thinking?? well if that wasn't bad enough things got a little more interesting when she started

HULLA HOOPING NAKED!!! (not just like one sway of the hips hulla hooping) LIKE FOR 2 HOURS SHE DID THIS!. Can you say distracting??? Men gathered around her to watch. but not mine. He didn't want to watch...;) right...

ANYWAY...more came out later and took pics naked and so on..but that was the first reason we wanted to leave. the others included..Wanting to do more in Kauai, running out of food,and boredom...so we left the next morning at 6am.

The beauty of the hike kept me going!! It was truly awesome to be in the middle of this rain forest and on the edge of cliffs overlooking the blue ocean. I could hardly walk when we got back and had a blister the size of my big toe on my big toe. pain! but we made it home and it was an awesome experience! I love that I can do so many fun things with my best friend Drew! Marriage is great...and Now we can have babies! :)

other things we did in Kauai were kayaking, cliff jumping, rope swinging, hiked to a waterfall, snorkeled and took a boat tour around Napali coast. The week was awesome! Thank you Drew for spending all of your credit card points so we could go. Love you~






















2 comments:

Meredith said...

No way! I'm so jealous you did that! We went there on our honeymoon and didn't have camping stuff for the long hike so we only made it to the 5 mile marker! But we did pick up one of the "hippies" who needed a ride! He told us their story and how they all live there, it was CRAZY! How fun you two got to go! Does this mean you're gonna try for kids now? :)

Andrew and Emily said...

Yes!! I saw pics from your honeymoon!
Where was the waterfall that you were swimming in?? It looked superb.