Saturday, October 1, 2011

confession of bad parenting

The other day I fed carter around 11 and put him down for a nap. He woke up around 1 and we left to go to the post office. While at the post office he became super fussy. which is not all that uncommon these days because he is getting his pearly whites. So I continue to do my thing at the post office and let him play with my keys. After leaving the post office I decide to go shopping at Ross. I really needed some new shirts. I shop and shop and shop....baby fussing/whining/crying the entire time. I let him chew on my finger, play with toys, chew on my finger some more. Poor guy! getting teeth is really rough....the way home I stop and get gas and he continues to cry. Finally he falls asleep.

***ahhh a moment of quiet...

We get home and I transfer him to his crib. As I lay him down he begins to scream. ?? He never screams when he is transferred. Weird. I let him cry and walk into the kitchen to get a snack. It is now 4pm and I'm hungry. I grab some food and sit down. A light goes on. OH MY GOSH!!! I realize that I had never fed my child. like forgot. as in never even crossed my mind. Oh no my poor little guy. I quickly make him a bottle and sit down and feed him. I seriously was going to cry. I felt awful. He was crying and whining the entire time because he was hungry! It had been 5 hours! I am an awful parent. I mean how do you FORGET to feed your child?? I called Drew and confessed to what I had done. Carter ate and was satisfied and went right to sleep and because I felt so bad I fed him when he woke up too. Now that is some seriously bad parenting. annnnd I was doing so good.

2 comments:

Fay said...

Oh no! That happens to us all! Well at least I have done that too so don't feel so bad. He still loves you! I am sure he forgot all about it :)

Kristy said...

Awww! The poor first pancakes!