Friday, January 20, 2012

Holiday Happenings

So I have no idea really what to write but def need some update on this thing. So ill write some recent happenings..

Lets start with this passed November-Ok so we went to Colorado for Thanksgiving and had a splended time hanging out with the york family! It is always fun to see what crazy conversations/arguments/facial hair/fights/tears etc. will go down while we are there. This year proved to be not as eventful as a few other years although we did have a new look from chris York every other day or so and one melt down by me due mostly to lack of sleep. I love visiting the York family because they are so real and act how they really are. Emily (Drews sister) does not hold back in any conversation...put her and Tim(her twin brother) together and you always get a great (sometimes embarrassing) conversation. ANYWAY- In Colorado we played lots of ultimate Frisbee, poker and games. Thanksgiving dinner was a feast as usual and Momma York NEVER lets us down. I'M talking TONS of food.

Upon returning from Colorado Drew and I took a work trip to Huatulco MX to train some guys to build a trex deck for some beach front condos. I fell in love with the little town we stayed in and how wonderful and kind the people were. I love their simplistic happy lifestyle. They are happy in their one room concrete cut outs and their jobs of selling hammocks or homemade stuffed animals. What a way to live. It was great to spend time with just drew while carter stayed with gma Jones. I even enjoyed helping build a few of the decks. I really want to go back again someday and I dunno vacation or teach the gospel..both would be awesome.

After mx we came home for a week or two and then left to my parents house (in chino hills)to spend Christmas with them. My sister Heidi and her family were in town so it was great to all play together. We swam a lot! played lots of basketball, skated a little, played at the beach and took a trip to Six flags. It was a very fun week.

We came home new years eve to spend time with our friends in SD. Partay! so excited for this new year!

THEN on January 4th for Drew's 29th birthday I took him snowboarding in Big Bear and we stayed in a fancy smanshy spa sweet for the night. Ok so it wasn't that fancy but well I thought it was going to be. GET this-Every 1/2 hour or so our heater would turn on and make this really loud "Bang Bang" noise. sounded like gun shots. we thought about turning it off but freeZing our butts off would have been far worse. It was a long night with that noise and our extremly small hard bed. but our spa worked great and it was fun to laugh about it the next day. I guess you get what you pay for huh? I am way too cheap. On the way home from our hotel we stopped and rode the alpine slides. we liked it so much we rode them twice. Happy Birthday to Drew! The lover of my life and then some.

things have calmed down a bit with the holidays being over. I spend my days with the sweetest little guy Carter. He brings so much joy into our life, it's crazy to think of what life would be without him. Life would just be dull. Its like eating vegetables all your life and then tasting chocolate for the first time. You never would think of going back to just having vegetables. OK so maybe that is a bad analogy but you get what i'm saying.. (right??)

Ok so it is late (for me)...11:24pm I should be in bed...Drew is having a man night with the brothers (and his soon to be brother n law) I am procrastinating bed time. I hate going to sleep without him. My sister in law is getting married tomorrow!! Let me just tell you how excited I am for them. SO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITEEEEEEEEEEEED! It is so awesome to see her so happy and I can't help but be happy for them too. Love is such a wonderful thing. ok off to bed I go.




1 comment:

Kindsay and Erik said...

Such a cute picture of Carter!